- Create a new Job ParentJob and add a tFileList component and a tRunJob component to it.
- Connect the tFileList component to the tRunJob component using a link.
Double-click the tFileList
component to open its Basic settings
In the Directory field,
specify the path to the directory that holds the files to be processed, or click the
[...] button next to the field to browse to
In this example, the directory is D:/tRunJob_Input_Files that holds three delimited files with up to five columns.
- In the FileList Type list, select Files.
- Select the Use Glob Expressions as Filemask check box, and then click the [+] button to add a line in the Files area and define a filter to match files. In this example, enter "*.csv" to retrieve all delimited files.
Double-click the tRunJob
component to display its Basic settings
Click the [...] button next
to the Job field and in the pop-up dialog box,
select the child Job you want to execute and click OK to close
the dialog box. The name of the selected Job appears in the
- In the Context Param area, click the [+] button to add a line and define the context parameter. The only context parameter defined in the child Job, named FilePath, appears in the Parameters cell.
Click in the Values cell,
press Ctrl+Space on your keyboard to access
the list of context variables, and select
The corresponding context variable ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) appears in the Values cell.
For more information on context variables, see Talend Studio User Guide.