Double-click the tLogRow component to display the
Basic settings view and define the component
- Click Sync columns button to retrieve the schema defined in the preceding component.
- Select Table in the Mode area.
- Save your Job and press F6 to execute it.
The tPatternMasking component alters the values from the input data and outputs original and substitute records.
The input data has been altered but the output data looks real and consistent. The substitute data is still usable for non-production purposes.
1EG4-T-E5-MK73is an original record. The second record is labeled as
7H24-E-K4-HY91is a substitute record:
- The first character is replaced with a digit from the 1 to 9 range, as defined in the tPatternMasking properties.
- The second, fifth, eighth and ninth characters are replaced with a letter from the list of authorized values defined in the enumeration file.
- The third and sixth characters are replaced with one of the authorized alphanumeric values defined in the enumeration file.
- The fourth and seventh characters are replaced with a digit from the 0 to 9 range, as defined in the tPatternMasking properties.
- The last two characters are replaced with a number from the 0 to 99 range, as defined in the tPatternMasking properties.
- The input uses dashes as separators and they remain unchanged in the output.
The tPatternMasking component outputs
0EF6-T-F4-AC44 because this value is invalid: the first
character, 0, is out of the specified range ("1,9").