By default, the Talend Administration Center web application is configured to run with the default H2 embedded database.
For more information on Talend Administration Center database, see Database.
Before you begin
- The external database must have been created with a utf8 collation.
- If you want to use a MySQL, Oracle or MS SQL database for Talend Administration Center, install the right database driver in the application server as described in Installing database drivers in your web application server.
- If you want to use a MS SQL database for Talend Administration Center, Talend only supports the jTDS driver version 1.3.1.
- For MySQL users: to prevent further transaction issues when resuming a trigger
on the Job Conductor page of Talend Administration Center, it is recommended to
configure the transaction isolation level under the
[mysqld]group in the mysql.ini or mysql.conf configuration file as follows:
- Start the application server, then open a web browser and type the URL of the Talend Administration Center web application.
On the Login page, click Go to DB config
page, then enter the administrator password (by default, it is
If you are starting Talend Administration Center for the first time, you already are on the database configuration page.Note: Depending on the database security settings, you may need to add additional parameters to your connection URL.
- In the Database type list, select your database. As a result, the Driver and Url fields are automatically updated with the template corresponding to this database.
In the Url field, replace the parameters in
brackets with your database details.
Note that you can click the Reload from file button to reload your previous database as changes are not saved until you click Save.
- Click Save to take your changes into account.