|Redesigned Metadata Explorer menu
||The Metadata Explorer menu bar has
- HOME has been removed from the menu bar. You can access it
by clicking the logo in the top left corner.
- Explorer panel has been integrated into the menu bar. You
can open it by clicking the drop-down arrow on the left hand side of the menu and
pin the panel.
- BROWSE has been removed from the menu bar and replaced with
- OBJECTS has been integrated into the menu bar. You can
search for objects, access the Collections page, the architecture diagram or the
statistics, and browse objects by category.
- WORKSHEETS has been integrated into the menu bar. You can
access and manage the Worksheets and create a new Worksheet by selecting a
|New Explorer panel
||You can access your metadata faster using the Explorer panel.
- Browse tab: You can explore the content of the
configuration or repository with different presentation modes.
- Tree view: You can easily navigate through the
hierarchy structure of your catalog and display the properties of any item with
a single click.
- Drill view: You can focus on a specific area of your
catalog and work on a long list of sibling records.
- Search tab: You can perform filtered searches and work with
a flat list of search results.
- Collections tab: You can access your existing Collections
of data assets.
|New Worksheet capability
||You can configure the search results and create saved searches using Worksheets.
You can also share them with other users.
|New Collection capability
||You can define and pin a list of data assets using Collections and share them
with other users.
|New support for Metadata Query Language (MQL)
||You can build complex metadata queries using the SQL-like syntax. You can
configure the MQL query through the REST API. You can also display the MQL query
executed when performing a search from a Worksheet.
|Improved graphical design of lineage diagrams
||The readability of objects and the navigation through the data flow have been
improved with a better layout capability.
|New customizable home page
||This new capability is based on an open source sample of tiles with customizable
JSON files, shortcut icons that point to an internal or external URL or MQL based