About this task
To replicate this step, proceed as follows:
- Set up the file delimited schema for the partsmaster.csv file in the Repository of your Studio. For further information about how to set up a file delimited schema, see Talend Studio User Guide.
- Under the Metadata node of the Repository of your Studio, select the file delimited schema for partsmaster.csv and drop it on the design workspace.
From the dialog box that pops up, select tFileInputDelimited.
Then the tFileInputDelimited (partsmaster) component displays in the design workspace.
- From the Palette, drop the tStandardizeRow component and two tLogRow components into the design workspace.
- Right-click tFileInputDelimited (partsmaster) to open the contextual menu.
- From the contextual menu, select Row > Main link to connect this component to tStandardizeRow.
- Accept the schema propagation prompted by the pop-up dialog box.
From tStandardizeRow, do the same to
connect this component to one of the two tLogRow components using Row >
Main link and to the other using Row > Reject link and accept the schema
You can change the name displayed for each of these component as what has been done for one of the tLogRow component, named as Exception in this scenario. For further information, see Talend Studio User Guide.
Then you can continue to configure each component to be used.