Defining the properties of tFileInputDelimited - 7.0
- Talend Big Data Platform
- Talend Data Fabric
- Talend Data Management Platform
- Talend Data Services Platform
- Talend MDM Platform
- Talend Real-Time Big Data Platform
- Talend Studio
- Data Governance > Third-party systems > Processing components (Integration) > Data mapping
- Data Quality and Preparation > Third-party systems > Processing components (Integration) > Data mapping
- Design and Development > Third-party systems > Processing components (Integration) > Data mapping
Select the tFileInputDelimited component to
define its properties.
In the Basic settings tab, click the [...] button next to the File
name/Stream field then browse to the location on your file system where
the input Excel file is stored, or enter the path manually between double quotes.
For this example, use <PATH_TO_WORKSPACE>/<PROJECT_NAME>/Sample
Select the CSV options check box.
Change the Field Separator to a comma, between
double quotes (",").
Change the value of Header to 1.
Click the [...] button next to Edit schema to define the schema.
Add three columns and rename them txn_id,
payment_date and first_name (which correspond to the names of the first three columns in
the input file, and is sufficient for the purposes of this example), and then click
Leave all the other parameters unchanged.