In the Job, select the tHMapFile component to define its
Select the Define a storage configuration
component check box and then select the name of the component to use
from those available in the drop-down list, tHDFSConfiguration_1 in this example.
Note that if you leave the Define a storage configuration component check box unselected, you can only transform files locally.
- Click the [...] button and, in the [Component Configuration] window, click the Select button next to the Record Map field.
- In the [Select a Map] dialog box that opens, select the map you want to use and then click OK. In this example, use the json2xml map you just created.
- Click Next.
Select an appropriate record delimitor for your data that tells the component
where each new record begins.
In this example, each record is on a new line, so select Separator and specify the newline character, \n in this example.
- Click Finish.
- Click the [...] button next to the Input field to define the path to the input file, /talend/input/gdelt.json in this example.
- Click the [...] button next to the Output field to define the path to where the output file is to be stored, /talend/output in this example.
- Leave the other settings unchanged.