In the tFileInputDelimited component Basic settings panel, fill the File
name/Stream field with the relevant context variable we just defined:
- Define the file schema manually (Built-in). It contains two columns defined as: key and value.
- Accept the defined schema to be propagated to the next component (tContextLoad).
In the Dynamic settings view of the tContextLoad component, click the [+] button to add a row in the table, and fill the Code field with
context.printOperationsto use context variable printOperations we just defined. Note that the Print operations check box in the Basic settings view now becomes highlighted and unusable.
- Then double-click to open the tMysqlInput component Basic settings view.
Fill the Host, Port, Database, Username, and Password fields with the
relevant variables stored in the delimited files and defined in the Contexts tab view:
context.passwordrespectively in this example, and fill the Table Name field with the actual database table name to read data from, customers for both databases in this example.
Then fill in the Schema information. If you stored
the schema in the Repository Metadata, then you can
retrieve it by selecting Repository and the relevant
entry in the list.
In this example, the schema of both database tables is made of four columns: id (INT, 2 characters long), firstName (VARCHAR, 15 characters long), lastName (VARCHAR, 15 characters long), and city (VARCHAR, 15 characters long).
- In the Query field, type in the SQL query to be executed on the DB table specified. In this example, simply click Guess Query to retrieve all the columns of the table, which will be displayed on the Run tab, through the tLogRow component.
- In the Basic settings view of the tLogRow component, select the Table option to display data records in the form of a table.