This section describes how to upgrade the Talend Administration Center database. Note that the database backup is a mandatory step in the migration process.
The source and target databases must be of the same type. To migrate from a database X to a database Y, for example from H2 to MySQL, first see Backing up the administration database.
Before you begin
Back up your database.
Make sure the drivers of the databases are installed on the machine where the migration is performed.
- Stop the Apache Tomcat server.
- To avoid errors during the migration process, increase the memory of Tomcat as explained in Increasing the memory of Tomcat.
- Delete the old Talend Administration Center application .war file in <TomcatPath>/webapps to undeploy it.
- Delete the <TomcatPath>/work directory to empty Apache Tomcat cache.
- Put the new Talend Administration Center application .war file in <TomcatPath>/webapps.
- Start Apache Tomcat.
Open a web browser and type in the application URL. The database configuration
page opens and a message indicates that the database version needs to be
Click Proceed migration to start the
migration process. A dialog box opens.
In the backup settings area, check your
database connection information and enter the path to your folder where the
backed up database will be stored in the Dump
The command used to migrate the database can be updated according to your needs. If you are migrating an Oracle database from Talend Administration Center 5.6.x to Talend Administration Center 6.x, make sure the
-Dtalend.schema=<schemaName>parameter is present in the migration command.
Click Proceed to start the database backup
and migration operation.
- When the message Database migration completed successfully shows, click Finish. The database is migrated and a .zip file holding the backed up database is created in the folder you have defined previously.
On the database configuration page, set your new license then log in the web
application. The database migration process is finished.