The Advanced Server installation is a convenient way of installing Talend Studio and all the Talend server modules included in your licence with custom configuration. It also installs these modules as services on your machine.
For more information on the options you can customize using the Advanced Server installation, see Installing Talend server modules using Talend Installer.
Before you begin
- Download all required files. For more information, see Talend Installer specific prerequisites.
- Check that all default ports are open. For more informations, see Proxy and firewall allowlist information.
If you want to use the embedded MongoDB database, make sure that there are no other instance of MongoDB installed on your machine.
- Ensure the dist file is in the same folder as the Talend-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux64-installer.run
Run the installer.
- To run the Talend Installer from the desktop, first login as superuser then make the file an executable and double click the Talend-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux64-installer.run file.
- To run the Talend Installer from the command
line, first make the file an executable then run the installer. To do this,
enter the following commands:
chmod +x Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux64-installer.run ./Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux64-installer.runNote: To install Talend server modules as services, in the Select Components setup window, select Talend Server Services.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Choose the directory where you want your Talend product to be installed.
- Choose Advanced Install in the installation style list and Server in the installation type list.
- Add your license file.
- Follow the configuration steps.
- Launch the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you can remove the dist file to save some space on your disk.
Talend Installer creates a usedports.txt file where all the ports used by Talend Server modules are listed.
A user with tds-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Stewardship.
A user with dataprep-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Preparation.
If you chose to use the embedded MongoDB instance, Talend Installer generates the
AdminUser.txt file at the root of the MongoDB installation
folder. It contains the credentials for a user with the administrator rights in
clear text. It is recommended to restrict the access to this file.
The audit capability in Talend Dictionary Service is enabled.