Before you begin
- You must have Infrastructure Administrator role in Talend Cloud Management Console.
- Open Talend Cloud Management Console.
- Go to the Engines page.
- Click ADD and select Remote Engine from the drop-down list.
Select the environment in which to create the engine.
The current environment is selected by default.
Select the workspace to which you want to assign your
By default, engines can be used in all the workspaces of the environment. In this step, you can allocate the engine to be available in only one specific workspace.
- Enter a name for the engine.
- Optional: Select a run profile based on the type of tasks you want to run.
To deploy data services or Routes from Talend Cloud Management Console, you must configure a microservice or OSGi run profile. These profile types can only be configured when creating or editing the Remote Engine, they cannot be added using the ADD PROFILE option in the Engine details tab.
- Job (set by default)
- Talend Runtime (OSGi)
If you have chosen
a microservice or OSGi run profile, select the Talend Studio
version with which your artifact, and both your Talend Remote Engine and
version is compatible with. For the compatibility matrix, see Artifact compatibility for Cloud Engine and Talend Remote Engine.
The system check will prevent you from executing a task on an incompatible Remote Engine version.
- Optional: Add a description for the engine.
- Click SAVE.
Your Remote Engine is created. Its status is Not Paired.
What to do next
Click the name of the new Remote Engine to open the Engine details tab. You can find the pre-authorized key to use during the pairing stage on the Installation page.