By scheduling its run on a Remote Engine or cluster, your Route or data service task will be executed in an on-premises secure runtime.
Before you begin
- You must select the correct microservice or OSGi run profile for the Remote Engine in Talend Cloud Management Console when creating or editing the engine.
About this task
Routes and data services can only be deployed on Remote Engines and clusters.
- Go to Management.
- Select the correct environment from the top menu.
- Click Tasks in the correct workspace.
- Select the task to deploy on a Remote Engine or cluster from the list.You can use the filters on the left-hand side of the page to limit the results.The task details page opens.
- Click EDIT in the top-right corner of the page.The Edit task wizard opens.
- Optional: Modify the task configuration if needed.
In the Go
Live section, select the execution runtime on which to deploy
your task from the Runtime drop-down list.
Option Description Remote Engine Data services and Routes can only be executed on Remote Engines that are compatible with the used Studio version. For the compatibility matrix, see Artifact compatibility for Cloud Engine and Talend Remote Engine.
Depending on the type of the task, the selected Remote Engine must have the corresponding run profile set either when the engine is created, or later in the Edit engine wizard accessible via the path.
Remote Engine cluster All Remote Engines assigned to the cluster must be of the same version (v2.8.4 or above).
Depending on the type of the task, the Remote Engines in the cluster must have the appropriate Microservice or Talend Runtime (OSGi) run profile set. The engines must also be compatible with the used artifact's version.
- In the Metric Path field, enter the metric path to be used at deployment time to retrieve metric data, for example, the number of requests at runtime.The default value is the artifact name, and we recommend to keep this value to see the metric data displayed on the Task Details page. If this field is empty, no metric information will be displayed on the page.Tip: You can add the project name to the artifact name, if artifacts with the same name exist in more than one project and are configured to run on the same Talend Remote Engine/Talend Runtime.
- When deploying a microservice, set the port assignment.
Option Description Automatic The port on which the microservice instance(s) will run is defined by the system. Custom You can set a static port number on which to run all instances of the microservice, making external load balancing easier.
- If you have chosen to deploy the task on a cluster, select the deployment strategy.
Option Description Parallel Deploy the tasks simultaneously to all the Remote Engines of the cluster. Rolling Deploy the tasks one by one to the Remote Engines of the cluster.
- Click SAVE DRAFT.You can deploy the task from the Task Details page by clicking DEPLOY.