Installing example files in the Data Integration Demo Project
After you import the demo project and open it for the first time, you are required to install the example files that are used in the example Job. This article explains how to install example files on Windows and Unix/Linux systems.
- Before you install the example files, open the readme Job and
read the information, including the recommended resources and advice.
Change the default value of context variable
- Expand the Contexts node in the Repository viewer.
- Open the context group globalContext.
You can change the value of these two variables according to your Studio
- root: the directory where the example files will
be generated, C:\TalendDemoFiles\ is the default
value.Note: You can change it to other value if you would like to generate the example files into another location.
- workspace: the path of your local workspace.
- root: the directory where the example files will be generated, C:\TalendDemoFiles\ is the default value.
- Click Finish, then click Yes to propagate the modifications.
- In the Update Detection window, click OK to update the selected items.
Execute the Job to generate example files
Before you begin
- You have changed the default value of the workspace context variable by the path of your local workspace.
Open the beforeRunJobs Job, press F6 to execute the Job.
Now, all the example files is generated in C:\TalendDemoFiles\, where you specified for the root variable.