Tasks have a life cycle where they pass through different states according to the workflow defined in the campaign. In a three-state workflow, only participants who are granted the right role can have access to the intermediate state where tasks need to be validated.
At the validation state, authorized data stewards can perform a transition choice on a single task or on multiple tasks and move them to the final state in the workflow.
Before you begin
- The workflow defined in the campaign is a three-state workflow, which includes a validation state.
- You are part of the campaign and have been granted the role to access the tasks at the right state in the workflow.
- On the TASKS page, click the name of the campaign you want to open.
On the menu bar, use the combinations
to open the list of the tasks which are transitioned to the
validation state but are not assigned yet.
- Select the tasks and click next to Me to move the tasks to your dashboard, or use the Assign tasks options in the right-hand panel.
On the top bar, click the combination
to display the tasks for which you need to validate the choices
of the initial data stewards.
Select one or more of the tasks and approve the changes and click either
ACCEPT or REJECT.
The selected task(s) are marked with green background and the TRANSITION column is filled in with the decision.
- Click VALIDATE CHOICES in the top-right corner of the page to validate the transition choice you have done on the tasks.
The approved tasks are moved from the list and transitioned to the final state in the workflow. The rejected tasks are moved back to the initial list of unassigned tasks if there are several data stewards granted the first role in the workflow. However, if only one data steward is granted the first role in the workflow, the rejected tasks are moved back directly to his/her list of new tasks.