Tasks have a life cycle where they pass through different states according to the workflow defined in the campaign. Transitioning defines how a task goes from one state to the next in the workflow. There is always an initial and a final states.
- If the target state is not the final Resolved state:
- If the current participant is allowed to access this state, then the tasks remain assigned to him,
- If the target state has only one participant, then the tasks remain assigned to this unique participant,
- Otherwise, the tasks are unassigned.
- If the target state is a final state, the tasks are unassigned.
You can perform a transition on a single task or perform the same transition on multiple tasks.
Before you begin
A campaign owner has created the campaign and granted you access to it.
For further information, see Defining roles in the Merging campaign.
A campaign owner has assigned you tasks in the campaign. Otherwise, you can assign the tasks to yourself.
For further information, see Assigning tasks as a data steward.
- On the TASKS page, click the name of the campaign you want to open.
In the task list, hold the Ctrl + Shift keys, select multiple tasks if you
think you can apply the same transition choice on all of them and:
The transition choice you have depends on at what state you are in the workflow. This example shows bulk transition in an initial state of the workflow in an Arbitration campaign.
In the right-hand panel, clickand use the two lists to decide what transition choice to select for the tasks.
Select the transition choice on top of the list. Select YES in this example.
The selected tasks are marked as green. You may get a warning message if the transition choice can not be applied to all the selected tasks.
- Click VALIDATE CHOICES on the top-right corner of the page to transition the tasks to the next step in the workflow.