Our Job works perfectly! To finalize it, let's direct the output flow to a MySQL table.
- To do so, let's first create the Metadata describing the connection to the MySQL database. Expand the DemoMySQL (on the condition that you imported the Demo project properly) to open the Metadata wizard. nodes in the Repository and double-click
- On Step2 of the wizard, type in the relevant connection parameters. Check the validity of this connection by clicking on the Check button. Eventually, validate your changes, by clicking on Finish.
- Drop this metadata to the right of the design workspace, while maintaining the Ctrl key down, in order to create automatically a tMysqlOutput component.
- Remove the tLogRow component from your Job.
Reconnect the out1 output flow from the
tMap to the new component
On the Basic Settings tab of this
- Type in LA_Orange_Clients in the Table field, in order to name your target table which will get created on the fly.
- Select the Drop table if exists and create option or on the Action on table field.
- Click Edit Schema and click the Reset DB type button (DB button on the tool bar) in order to fill out automatically the DB type if need be.
- Run again the Job.
The target table should be automatically created and filled with data in less a second!
In this scenario, we did use only four different components out of hundreds of components available in the Palette and grouped according to different categories (databases, web service, FTP and so on)!
And more components, this time created by the community, are also available on the community site (talendforge.org).