The tDataStewardshipTaskOutput components loads tasks in Talend Data Stewardship and assigns them dynamically to specific data stewards according to the variable you define in its basic settings.
The campaign created in Talend Data Stewardship for this example is International customers, and the data stewards defined in it are Cale Carolina from US and Jacques Bocuse from France.
Double-click tDataStewardshipTaskOutput to open its
Basic settings view.
In the URL field, enter the address
of the application suffixed with /data-stewardship/, for example http://localhost:19999/data-stewardship/.
If you are working with Talend Cloud Data Stewardship, use one of the following addresses to access the application:
- https://tds.us.cloud.talend.com/data-stewardship for the US data center.
- https://tds.eu.cloud.talend.com/data-stewardship for the EU data center.
- https://tds.ap.cloud.talend.com/data-stewardship for the Asia-Pacific data center.
Enter your login information in the Username and
To enter your password, click ... next to the field, enter your password between double quotes in the dialog box that opens and click OK.If you are working with Talend Cloud Data Stewardship and if:
- MFA ( Multi Factor Authentication) is enabled, enter an access token in the field.
- MFA is not enabled but SSO (Single Sign-On) is configured, enter either an
access token or your password in the field.
It is recommend to use tokens as passwords will soon be obsolete and disappear.
- MFA is not enabled and SSO is not configured, enter either an access token or your password in the field.
- Click Find a campaign to open a dialog box which lists the campaigns defined in Talend Data Stewardship and for which you are the owner or you have the access rights.
- Select the campaign in which to write the tasks, and click OK.
- Select the Override enforcement of data model check box to load the new tasks into the campaign even if their schema type does not match what has been defined in the campaign.
Set the metadata of the tasks you want to write in the campaign as
From the State list, select to write the tasks and assign them the New status.
From the Assignee list, select Custom and enter the context variable in the field which is displayed.
If you select Custom and do not enter any variable in the field, the Job writes all tasks in the campaign and leaves them unassigned. However, if you enter the variable for an assignee who is not defined in the campaign, the Job rejects all the tasks.
Set the other metadata as needed.
In the Comments table, enter a comment for one or more
The campaign participant will be able to see the comment any time he/she places the pointer on the column in Talend Data Stewardship. This information can help him/her making a more informed decision when resolving the task.
Click Advanced settings to open the corresponding view
and set the number of tasks you want to have in each commit in the
Max tasks per commit field.
There are no limits for the batch size in Talend Data Stewardship (on premises). However, do not exceed 200 tasks per commit in Talend Cloud Data Stewardship, otherwise the Job fails.
- Press F6 to save and execute the Job.
Open the International customers campaign in Talend Data Stewardship.
The Job writes the tasks in the campaign while assigning the records of the US customers to Cale Carolina and the records of the French customers to Jacques Bocuse.