The OAuth (Open Authorization) specification defines a delegation protocol that is useful for conveying authorization decisions across a network of web-enabled applications and APIs. OAuth is used in a wide variety of applications, including providing mechanisms for user authentication.
You can always login using the administrator rescue login URL: http://<host>:<port>/MM/Auth?nativeLogin, where <port> is the HTTP port that Talend Cloud Data Catalog responds to.
- You try to login to Talend Cloud Data Catalog using a browser.
- Talend Cloud Data Catalog redirects the client to the authorization server for authentication.
- You log in to the authorization server and approve the access request. The authorization server sends an authorization code.
- The client exchanges the authorization code for an access token.
- If the code is valid, the client gets an access token to request a protected resource.
- Talend Cloud Data Catalog receives a request for a protected resource with an access token and verifies the validity of the token directly with the authorization server.
- If the token is valid, the authorization server sends your data to Talend Cloud Data Catalog.
- Talend Cloud Data Catalog logs you in to the system and grants you the protected resources.