About this task
- Click SELECT A VIEW and select from the list the view over the entity to which you want to add a data record, Product in this example.
RECORD to open a panel at the right,
where you can define the value for all attributes of the new
- An asterisk (*) is displayed beside the name of each mandatory attributes. You will not be able to save the data record before you fill in all these fields.
- If the description annotation has been added to an attribute in the data model, it is displayed right under the attribute name. For more information about the description annotation, see Talend Data Fabric Studio User Guide.
Specify appropriate values for all mandatory
attributes and some optional attributes if needed.
For a numeric type attribute, you can adjust the number in a small range to add one or subtract one by clicking the spin button on the right.
For a date or dateTime type attribute, you can set its value by using the datetime picker.
If the entity has a foreign key link to another entity, and if you have the add access to the corresponding foreign key attribute, an Add foreign records button will be displayed under the name of the foreign key attribute for configuring the foreign key information. In this example, the entity product is linked to a specific entity Store.
Click the Add
foreign records button for the foreign
key attribute Store.
A list of foreign key values will be displayed in a pop-up dialog box.
- If required, click on the header of a column to sort the foreign records based on that column or enter the value in the Search text box to narrow down the foreign key values.
Select the check box next to each foreign key
value that needs to be linked to the new product data
Note: If the maximum number of occurrences of the foreign key element has been reached, the newly selected foreign key will not be associated with the data record.
- Click VALIDATE to save your changes and close the dialog box.
Click SAVE on the data record panel to create
The data record panel closes automatically and a message
Record successfully createdwith a link to the new record is displayed on the upper right corner if the record gets created successfully.
You can click CANCEL to close the data record panel without saving the record.