- Log in to Talend Administration Center.
- If SSO has not been enabled yet, select true in the Use SSO Login field.
- Click Launch Upload in the IDP metadata field and upload the Identity Provider (IdP) metadata file you have previously downloaded from your Identity Provider system.
In the Service Provider Entity ID field, enter the
Entity ID of your Service Provider (available in the configuration of the
For example, http://<host>:<port>/org.talend.administrator/ssologin in Okta and ADFS, or <Connection ID> in PingFederate.
Click Launch Upload in the IDP Authentication
Plugin field and upload the Identity Provider metadata file you
have previously downloaded from the Identity Provider system.
The jar files provided by Talend are located in the <TomcatPath>/webapps/org.talend.administrator/idp/plugins directory.
It is possible to rewrite the authentication code if necessary.
The Identity Provider System field changes automatically depending on your Identity Provider system.
Click Identity Provider Configuration and fill out the
- PingFederate SSO URL: https://win-350n8gtg2af:9031/idp/startSSO.ping?PartnerSpld=TAC701
- Basic Adapter Instance ID: BasicAdapter
- Okta Organization URL: https://dev-515956.oktapreview.com
- Okta Embedded Url: https://dev-515956.oktapreview.com/home/ talenddev515956_talendadministrationcenter_1/0oacvlcac5j52hFhP0h7/ alncvlmpk1VXbYAGu0h7
AD FS 2
AD FS 3
- Adfs SSO Url: https://<host>/adfs/ls
- Adfs Basic Auth Path: auth/basic
- Adfs SP Entity Id: https://<host>:<port>/org.talend.administrator/ssologin
- Adfs 3 SP Entity Id: https://<host>:<port>/org.talend.administrator/ssologin
- Adfs 2 SSO Url: https://<host>/adfs/ls
Set the Use Role Mapping field to
true to map the application project types and the
user roles with those defined in the Identity Provider system.
Once you have defined project types/roles at the Identity Provider side, you cannot to edit them from Talend Administration Center.
Click Mapping Configuration and fill in the role/project
type fields with the corresponding SAML attributes previously set in the
Identity Provider system.
Project type examples:
- MDM = MDM
- DI = DI
- DM = DM
- NPA = NPA
Talend Administration Center roles
- Administrator = tac_admin
- Operation Manager = tac_om
Setting the Talend Administration Center roles is mandatory.
Talend Data Preparation roles
- Administrator = dp_admin
- Data Preparator = dp_dp
Talend Data Stewardship roles
- Data Steward = tds_ds
The project types and roles set in the Identity Provider will override the roles set in Talend Administration Center.
The project types and roles set in the Identity Provider override the roles set in Talend Administration Center at user login.
If your organization does not accept custom attributes in the SAML token, either:
Select Show Advanced Configuration in the wizard
and, in Path to Value, enter the XPath expression
to target the SAML value to map to the corresponding Talend Administration Center object
(Project Types, Roles,
Email, First Name,
Set Use Role Mapping to
In this case, you cannot create users manually, but the user type and the user roles can be edited in Talend Administration Center.
When users log in for the first time, their type is No Project Access.
The default login timeout is set to 120 seconds, which you can change by adding the sso.config.clientLoginTimeout parameter with the desired timeout to the <ApplicationPath>/WEB-INF/classes/configuration.properties file.
You are able to log in to Talend Administration Center through your Identity Provider.