About this task
When working on a local branch of a Git managed project, your changes are automatically committed to your local repository when they are saved. However, they are not automatically pushed to the Git server - you need to push them manually using the Git Push tool provided within your Talend Studio.
For more information about referenced projects, see Working with referenced projects.
To push changes to the Git server, do the following:
- Save your changes so that they are committed to your local repository.
Optionally, update your local Git repository to prevent
possible errors caused by asynchronization between your local Git repository and
For more information, see Updating a local branch (Git only).
- Click the top bar of the Repository tree view and select Push from the drop-down menu.
If any editor windows are open, you will see a warning message.
Click OK to close the editor windows and
proceed with the push action.
- If the push operation is not complete within 1.5
seconds, a dialog box pops up to indicate the push progress. You can:
- Click Run in Background to close this dialog box to keep the progress information shown only at the lower right corner.
- Click Cancel to cancel the push operation and close the dialog box.
- This dialog box closes automatically when the push operation is complete or any conflict occurs. For more information about conflict handling, see Resolving conflicts between branches (Git only).
- If the push operation is not complete within 1.5 seconds, a dialog box pops up to indicate the push progress. You can:
If a Push Rejected by
Server dialog box pops up indicating a push failure,
- Click Yes to let the Studio update your local Git repository and then push your changes again automatically.
- Click No if you want to stop the push action, update your local Git repository and then push your changes again manually.
- When the push operation completes, a dialog box opens informing you that your changes have been pushed to the Git server successfully. Click OK to close the dialog box.