In this procedure, create a demo Job to validate the password encryption. In this Job, use a tMysqlInput component to read data from a table called person from the database and print the result on the console with tLogRow component.
This example assumes that you have a MySQL database, with the following information:
Before you begin
- host name:
- database name:
- user name:
- table name:
- table columns:
id: type Inter (INT), 2 characters long
name: type String (VARCHAR), 20 characters long
sex: type String (VARCHAR), 1 character long
- Create a new Job and name it EncryptPasswordWithR0T13Demo.
Add a tDBInput component and a tLogRow
component to your Job.
- Open the Contexts view, click the [+] button to create a variable named password, of type Password.
- Click the Value field and type in the encryption string, gnyraq in our example, which is the string transformed from the real password "talend" using ROT13.
- From the Database list of tDBInput, select MySQL and click Apply so that the component becomes tMysqlInput.
In the Basic settings view of
tMysqlInput, click the [...]
button next to the Password field, and enter the
expression to call the custom routine function in the Enter a new
password dialog box,
MyRoutine.decrypt(context.password)in this example.
- Configure the schema and the other parameters required to read data from your database.
- Save and execute the Job.
You should be able to connect to the database and read data from it.