About this task
You can use an existing global variable, a context variable defined in your Job, or a Repository-stored context variable applied to your Job in any component properties field.
In the relevant Component view, place your mouse in the
field you want to parameterize and press Ctrl+Space to display
a full list of all the global variables and those context variables defined in or
applied to your Job.
The list grows along with new user-defined variables (context variables).
- Double-click the variable of your choice to fill it in the field.
- Defining context variables for a Job
- Centralizing context variables in the Repository
- Applying Repository context variables to a Job
- Running a Job in a selected context
Warning: In database output components, when parallel execution is enabled, it is not possible to use global variables to retrieve the return values in a subJob.