You can move a database connection to the studio recycle bin whether it is used by analyses or not.
When you delete a database connection from the Profiling perspective of Talend Studio, it will be automatically deleted from the Metadata node in the Integration perspective and vice versa. The deleted connection will go to the Recycle Bin of both perspectives.
Before you begin
A database connection is created in the Profiling perspective of Talend Studio. For further information, see Connecting to a database.
- In the DQ Repository tree view, expand .
Right-click a database connection and select Delete in
the contextual menu.
The database connection is moved to the Recycle Bin.
You can still run the analyses that use the connection in the recycle bin. However, an alert message will be displayed next to the connection name in the analysis editor.
To delete the connection from the Recycle Bin, do the
- Right-click the database connection in the Recycle Bin and choose Delete from the contextual menu.
Click OK on the confirm deletion dialog box that
If the connection is not used by any analysis, it is deleted from Talend Studio.
If the connection is used by one or more analyses in Talend Studio, a dialog box is displayed to list such analyses:
- Either click OK to close the dialog box without deleting the database connection from the recycle bin, or
- Select the Force to delete all the dependencies check box and then click OK to delete the database connection from the Recycle Bin and to delete all the dependent analyses from the Data Profiling node.
You can also delete permanently the database connection by emptying the recycle bin.
To empty the Recycle Bin, do the following:
Right-click the Recycle Bin and select
Empty recycle bin.
If the connection is not used by any analysis in the current Studio, a confirmation dialog box is displayed.
Click Yes to empty the recycle bin.
If the connection is used by one or more analyses in the studio, a dialog box is displayed to list these analyses.
- Click OK to close the dialog box without removing the connection from the recycle bin.
- Right-click the Recycle Bin and select Empty recycle bin.