How to install a Talend Function module for SAP
The following procedure shows how to
Z_TLD_BI_READ_INFOPROV_BATCH module, which is
provided by the SAP transport TBDK900118.zip.
To install an SAP function module, you need first to determine the transport file that provides the SAP function module by checking SAP function modules shipped with Talend Studio.
- Download the file TBDK900118.zip, transfer it on the SAP server.
- Extract the file TBDK900118.zip.
- Copy K900118.TBD from <TBDK900118.zip>/ABAP Transporte/cofiles to usr/sap/trans/cofiles.
- Copy R900118.TBD from <TBDK900118.zip>/ABAP Transporte/data to usr/sap/trans/data.
The file upload can be done with SAPGUI transaction CG3Z. You can find the transport directory and check if the files have been uploaded with transaction AL11.Step 2: Adding a new transport request
In transaction STMS go to Import Overview (F5) and step into the import queue for the given system. In the menu under Extras > Other requests > Add.
- Add a new transport request with name TBDK900118 and specify your SAP client number if needed. After this you must see the transport request in the list.
- Select it with F9 and perform the transport F11+Ctrl.
- Specify the target client and check the option Ignore invalid component version (last option in the options tab).
If correctly set, the status must be green although showing some text: Does not match component version. In transaction
SE37 the function module
must be available.
Follow the usual process as detailed in Talend Studio User Guide: 40.5.2 Retrieving SAP tables.
api.use_z_talend_read_table needs to be set it to
true when you drag and drop the tSAPTableInput from the