- Drop a second tFixedFlowInput and a second tAdvancedFileOutputXML (named as tFixedFlwInput_2 and tAdvancedFileOutputXML_2 by default) from the palette onto the design workspace. Connect the two components using a Row > Main link.
- Connect tFixedFlowInput_1 to tFixedFlowInput_2 with a Trigger > OnSubjobOk link.
Double-click tFixedFlowInput_2 to display its
Basic settings view and select the Use
Inline Content (delimited file). In the
Content field, add the following.
1;1;item1 1;2;item2 2;1;item3
Click the Edit Schema button and create the three
columns shown in the following figure.
- When prompted, click OK to propagate the schema to the subsequent component (that is, the tAdvancedFileOutputXML_2 component). You can also achieve this by clicking the Sync columns button in the Basic settings view of the tAdvancedFileOutputXML_2 component.
In the Basic settings view of the
tAdvancedFileOutputXML_2 component, click the Configure XML tree button to configure it as
below. Follow the procedure used for the first subjob to set
item as a loop element and set
class as a group element.
- Select the Append the source xml file option.
- In the File Name field of the Basic settings view, enter the file path to the XML file specified in the first subjob ("D:/out.xml" in this example).
- Execute the Job and check if the file "D:/out.xml" generated corresponds to the xml file presented at the beginning of this document. As expected, the xml source file is appended with various loop elements.