From Talend Studio, you can control memory usage when using the Java engine to run two types of analyses: column analysis and the analysis of a set of columns.
If you use column analysis or column set analysis to profile very big sets of data or data with many problems, you may run out of memory and end up with a Java heap error. By defining the maximum memory size threshold for these analyses, Talend Studio will stop the analysis execution when the memory limit size is reached and provide you with the analysis results that were measured on the data before the analysis execution was terminated by the memory limit size.
Before you begin
You have selected the Profiling perspective of Talend Studio.
- On the menu bar, select Preferences window. to display the
Perform one of the following steps:
The Analysis tuning view is displayed.
- Expand Analysis tuning, or, and select
- start typing analysis tuning in the dynamic filter field.
- In the Memory area, select the Enable analysis thread memory control check box.
- Move the slider to the right to define the memory limit at which the analysis execution will be stopped.