You can associate a semantic type with a glossary term.
The term provides information such as the name and description, when tracing the semantic definition from any object associated with the semantic type.
You can also obtain the list of all the objects associated with this semantic type when tracing the semantic usage from the term.
Before you begin
- Go to Metadata Manager or to MANAGE from Metadata Explorer. from
- Select Semantic Types.
- Click the row of the semantic type.
- In the Term field, click the Select object icon.
- Select the term and click OK.
- Save your changes.
- Click Publish to make your changes available to the system during the next harvesting/profiling.