An LDAP user is automatically created/updated as a result of a successful LDAP authentication login. The user/password combination must be valid for the LDAP authentication connection definitions and query rules.
Before you begin
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Security Administrators group.
- You have already created a user.
- Go to Metadata Manager or to MANAGE from Metadata Explorer. from
- Select Users.
- In the toolbar, select Native/LDAP Authentication Login from the drop-down list.
- Click the Configure LDAP icon.
- In the Connection tab, fill in the connection information.
Enter the type of LDAP system, the URL, the username and matching password.
You must have sufficient privileges to query the needed LDAP users and groups.
- Optionally, use the Advanced button to customize how the LDAP user attributes are automatically populated by appropriate LDAP attributes.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click OK.