Talend Data Catalog editions
The application is delivered in three editions: Standard, Advanced and Advanced Plus. All editions include the essential features of Data Cataloging, such as faceted search, data sampling and profiling, semantic discovery, social curation and data relationship discovery.
The availability of other features varies according to the license edition you have:
- You can collect metadata from data stores, data models, Data Integration and Business
Intelligence tools, and business applications, using Talend Data Catalog bridges.
For more information about the bridges included in each edition, see Harvesting metadata.
- You can manage metadata by searching for, documenting, analyzing and comparing them, tracing end-to-end data lineage and performing impact analysis. The Advanced and Advanced Plus editions include multi version and configuration management.
- You can use the Talend Data Catalog business
glossary to collaboratively build and manage the organization's business concepts and
terminology. The Advanced and Advanced Plus editions provide a flexible workflow and
For more information about the business glossary, see Managing business glossaries.
- You can document any existing data stores by using data models. Physical data models
are only available in the Advanced Plus edition for data store requirements and database
design. Depending on your edition, you can also export data models to any supported DM,
DI and BI tools.
For more information about data modeling, see Working with data modeling.
Talend Data Catalog user interfaces
- Metadata Explorer: You can directly create models, import metadata, stitch models, and trace lineage in the configuration.
- Metadata Manager: You can manage the metadata repository, including multi version and configuration management, and design the enterprise system architecture.
User and group assignments
- Security Administrators: manage users, groups, external authentication, user interface assignment and security role assignment on folders and repository objects.
- Application Administrators: have all permissions associated with security and data security roles.
- Administrators: have all permissions associated with the Security Administrators and Application Administrators groups.
Administrators create users and add them to custom user groups related to their roles in the organization, such as business users, data stewards and analysts, IT architects and developers. Administrators assign user interfaces and roles to these custom groups.
Role-based access controlTalend Data Catalog provides three types of roles:
- A security role: determines which actions a user or group can perform on folders and
There are predefined security roles, including Viewer, Editor and Manager.
- A data security role: applies to data sampling and profiling.
There are predefined data security roles, including Data Viewer and Data Manager.
- A workflow role: applies to terms of a business glossary.
There are predefined workflow roles, including Reviewer, Editor, Approver and Publisher.
For more information, see Workflow roles.