Install remote harvesting servers on premises when Talend Data Catalog application server is installed on the cloud and when you need to harvest metadata locally and not accessible from the cloud.
Both the cloud-based application server and the remote harvesting server installed on premises use a shared secret.In the Over the Web (Cloud) mode, the harvesting is invoked according to a schedule on the remote harvesting server and the result is pushed up to the cloud.
Before you begin
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Application Administrators group.
- You have installed the remote harvesting server with the same version as the
Talend Data Catalog application
For more information, see Talend Data Catalog Installation and Upgrade Guide on Talend Help Center.
- You have applied the same patches on the Talend Data Catalog application server and the remote harvesting server.
- Go to Metadata Manager or to MANAGE from Metadata Explorer. from
- Click Servers.
- Click Add.
- In the Type field, select Over the Web (Cloud).
- Enter a name and a description.
- Update the URL with the shared secret.
- Click CREATE.
- Open the agent.properties file of the remote harvesting server installed on premises and update the M_AGENT_NAME parameter with the same shared secret.