You need to create and schedule a predefined script for this notification type.
Depending on the script you select, Talend Data Catalog can send one of the following email notifications:
- A report on glossary objects, for example the number of created or updated terms.
- A report on glossary workflow, for example the number of updated terms with a link to Your Workflow Tasks dashboard.
Before you begin
- Stewards have been assigned to the objects in the glossary and their email address has been provided.
- You have configured the SMTP protocol of your email server.
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Application Administrators group.
- Go to Metadata Manager or to MANAGE from Metadata Explorer. from
- Select Schedules.
- On the toolbar, click Add.
Fill in the following fields:
Field Action Name Enter a name. Description Enter a description. Object Choose a glossary.
For glossary workflow notifications, the glossary has a workflow.
Operation Select one of the following operations from the drop-down list:
- Send glossary term change notifications: Talend Data Catalog sends email notifications about changes made to objects in the selected glossary when this script runs.
- Send glossary workflow notifications: Talend Data Catalog sends email notifications about changes made to objects in the selected glossary under workflow control when this script runs.
Time Select one of the checkboxes and specify the schedule information.
- Click Create.