Before you begin
- Go to Metadata Manager or to MANAGE from Metadata Explorer. from
- Select Semantic Types.
Click Add then fill in the following fields.
Field Description Name Type in the name of the semantic type. Description Type in the name of the semantic type. Type Select the type of the semantic type:
- Enumeration: List of valid values for the data of that semantic type.
- Regular Expression: Expression syntax that the data should conform to for that semantic type.
- Compound: Combination of multiple semantic types.
Term Select a glossary term to associate it with the semantic type.
The term provides information such as the name and description, when tracing the semantic definition from any object associated with the semantic type.
You can also obtain the list of all the objects associated with this semantic type when tracing the semantic usage from the term.
Enter the enumeration list and/or the regular expression. Hide Data Optionally, select the Hide Data check box to automatically hide the profile and sample data of any object associated with this semantic type.
- Click Save.
- Click Publish to make your changes available to the system and generate the semantic type detection during the next harvesting/profiling.