From the Email page, you set up the parameters of the email system which sends the notifications.
Before you begin
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Application Administrators group.
- Your email server provides SMTP access.
- Go to Metadata Manager or to MANAGE from Metadata Explorer. from
- Select Email.
- Select the Enable SMTP check box.
Fill in the following parameters:
Field Action Host Name Type in the IP address of your mail server. Port Type in the port of your mail server. User Name Type in the email address used when connecting to the SMTP server. Password Type in the password used when connecting to the SMTP server. Sender Address Type in the email address that will be displayed as the sender information in the email notifications received by the recipients. External URL Optionally, enter a link that points to the Talend Data Catalog server, for example http://localhost:11480/MM. The recipients can open the link from the email notifications.
- Click the Send Test Email button.
Type in the recipient and click Send.
- An alert message displays when the test message has been sent successfully.
- An error message displays when the test message has been failed. Click Show Details for more information.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.