Before you begin
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Application Administrators group.
- You have installed the remote harvesting server with the same version as the
Talend Data Catalog application
For more information, see Talend Data Catalog Installation and Upgrade Guide on Talend Help Center.
- You have applied the same patches on the Talend Data Catalog application server and the remote harvesting server.
- Go to Metadata Manager or to MANAGE from Metadata Explorer. from
- Click Servers.
- Click Add.
In the New Server dialog box, fill in the following
Field Description Name Type in the name of the remote server. Type
- Local Network: It applies to a model bridge server connected to a local metadata management server, via a dedicated open port on the same network, where firewall is not an issue. In such case, the model bridge server is controlled by the MM server in a classic client/server architecture.
- Over the Web (Cloud): It applies to a model bridge server connected to a remote metadata management server over the web, where a secure firewall is in place. In such case, the model bridge server connects proactively over http on regular basis to a dedicated remote MM server for any metadata import/export activities to be performed.
URL Type in the URL for the remote server.Generally, you only need to update the machine name inside the suggested URL signature.
for Local Network remote harvesting
<hostname> and <port> is the hostname or IP address and port that the remote harvesting server runs on.
- listener://<agentname> for
Over the Web (Cloud) remote
<agentname> is the M_AGENT_NAME assigned to the remote harvesting server as defined in the configuration files.
Description Type in a description. Set as Default Select the check box to define the remote harvesting server as the default when creating models. Compress Data Select the check box to use data compression for the communication between the servers.
- Click CREATE.