Configure the tAmazonEMRResize component to resize a running Amazon EMR cluster by adding a new task instance group.
Double-click the tAmazonEMRResize
component to open its Basic settings view.
- In the Access Key and Secret Key fields, enter the authentication credentials required to access Amazon S3.
- From the Action drop-down list, select Add task instance group to resize the cluster by adding a new task instance group.
In the Cluster id field, enter the ID
of the cluster to be resized. In this example, the returned value of the global
variable CLUSTER_FINAL_ID of the previous tAmazonEMRManage component is used.
Note that you can retrieve the global variable by pressing Ctrl + Space and selecting the relevant global variable from the list.
- In the Group name field, enter the name of the task instance group to be added in the cluster. In this example, it is talend-doc-instance-group.
- In the Instance count field, specify the number of the instances to be created.
- From the Task instance type drop-down list, select the type of the instances to be created.