- Go to .
- Click .
Fill in the following fields:
Field Description Name Type in the name of the model. Description Type in the description of the model. Import Server Optionally, select a server name to use a remote bridge server. Import Bridge Select the external metadata import format from the drop-down list.
The Overview tab of the model opens.
- Click the Import Setup tab to set up the import parameters.
Click the row of each parameter and fill in the information
according to the tool-tips displayed in the Help panel.
The fields of the parameters vary depending on the selected import bridge.
- Click Test to test the connection and save your changes.
Click the Import Options tab to configure the following
Field Description Data
- Data Sampling: Select the check box to enable the data sampling during the import and define the number of rows for preview.
- Data Profiling: Select the check box to enable the data profiling during the import and define the number of rows to profile.
- Data Hiding: Select the check box to hide the profile and sample data by default.
Send email notification when an import Select one or more checkboxes to send a notification when a new import is finished. Import options
- Set new versions as default: Select the check box to automatically set any new imported version as the default version.
- Create new versions only when new
import has changes: Select the check box to
create a new version only when changes are detected.
This option can apply to all bridges independently of the incremental harvesting capability of some bridges.
- Copy model description to content: Select the check box to apply the description of the model from the source metadata to the content version itself.
- Save your changes.
- Click IMPORT to import the model.
- To monitor the operation, click the spinning gear icon on the header or go to .
To open the log, right-click the operation then click Show
log or View log.
The Log Messages dialog appears and log messages are presented as the import process proceeds.
- If you receive the Operation succeeded result, you can open the model.
- If you receive the Operation failed result, inspect the log messages and correct the source model file accordingly.