- Double-click tFileInputDelimited to enter its Basic settings view.
Set Property Type to Repository since the file details are stored in
the repository. The fields to follow are pre-defined using the fetched
The input file used in this scenario is called input. It is a text file that holds string, integer, and float java types.Fill in all other fields as needed. For more information, see tFileInputDelimited. In this scenario, the header and the footer are not set and there is no limit for the number of processed rows.
Click Edit schema to describe the data
structure of this input file. In this scenario, the schema is made of three
columns, StringtoInteger, IntegerField, and
- Click Ok to close the dialog box.
Double-click tConvertType to enter its
Basic settings view.
- Set Schema Type to Built in, and click Sync columns to automatically retrieve the columns from the tFileInputDelimited component.
Click Edit schema to describe manually
the data structure of this processing component.
In this scenario, we want to convert a string type data into an integer type and a float type data into an integer type.Click OK to close the Schema of tConvertType dialog box.
Double-click tMap to open the Map
The Map editor displays the input metadata of the tFileInputDelimited component
- In the Schema editor panel of the Map editor, click the plus button of the output table to add two rows and name them to StringToInteger and Sum.
- In the Map editor, drag the StringToInteger row from the input table to the StringToInteger row in the output table.
In the Map editor, drag each of the IntegerField and
the FloatToInteger rows from the input table to the
Sum row in the output table and click OK to close the Map editor.
- In the design workspace, select tLogRow and click the Component tab to define its basic settings. For more information, see tLogRow.