Before you begin
Your license includes Data Preparation user types.
About this task
This type of user only has a read-write access to the User Settings of Talend Administration Center and can be assigned to a Data Preparation user group type. For more information on user groups, see Grouping users by user type.
- On the Users page, click Add to create a new Data Preparation user account.
In the Data panel to the right, fill in the following
Enter the user's name, login (email address) and password for this account.Click next to the Role field to open a dialog box where you can select from the list the check box of the role(s) you want to assign to the selected user.Click next to the Group field to open a dialog box where you can select from the list the check box of the user group(s) in which you want to add the selected user.
- Select the Data Preparation User check box to set this account as a Data Preparation account.
- Set the Data Preparation user Type to No Project access as this user is not linked to any projects and will only work in Talend Data Preparation.
- Click next to the Data Preparation Role to open a dialog box where you can select from the list the check box of the Data Preparation role(s) you want to assign to the selected user.
- Click Save to validate the creation of the new user.