Perform the following procedure each time you have installed a new remote harvesting server connected to a cloud-based Talend Data Catalog server.
Both the cloud-based application server and the remote harvesting server installed on premises use a shared secret.In the Over the Web (Cloud) mode, the harvesting is invoked according to a schedule on the remote harvesting server and the result is pushed up to the cloud.
Before you begin
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Application Administrators group.
- You have installed a remote harvesting server following one of the previous deployment procedures.
- You have installed and configured a remote harvesting server with the same version as the Talend Data Catalog application server.
- You have applied the same patches on the Talend Data Catalog application server and the remote harvesting server.
- Go to .
- Click Add.
In the New Server dialog
box, fill in the following fields.
Field Action Name Type in the name of the remote harvesting server. Type Select Over the Web (Cloud).
It applies to a remote harvesting server connected to a Talend Data Catalog server on the cloud, where a secure firewall is in place.
The remote harvesting server connects proactively over HTTP on regular basis to a dedicated remote Talend Data Catalog server to perform any metadata import/export activities.
URL Replace <name> with the shared secret you have previously defined in:
- AGENT_STRING parameter if you used the Docker deployment methods
- M_AGENT_NAME parameter if you used the manual installation methods
Description Type in a description. Set as Default Select the check box to define the remote harvesting server as the default when harvesting metadata. Compress Data Select the check box to use data compression for the communication between the servers.
- Click CREATE.