Before you begin
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Application Administrators group.
- You have installed and launched Docker Desktop on your machine. For more information, see https://www.docker.com/products/docker-desktop.
- If necessary, you have configured Docker to use a proxy server. For more information, see https://docs.docker.com/network/proxy.
Create a YAML file, as follows:
version: '3' services: harvesting_agent: container_name: "<CONTAINER_NAME>" image: "<DOCKER_IMAGE:TAG>" environment: CLOUD_URL: "http://<server>:<port>/MM" AGENT_STRING: "<SHARED_SECRET>" restart: "unless-stopped"You can define the following key parameters:
Parameter Action CONTAINER_NAME Enter the name of your remote harvesting server. DOCKER_IMAGE:TAG Enter talend/datacatalog-remote-harvesting-agent as the Docker image.
Enter the version name of Talend Data Catalog build as the tag, such as 7.3-20200615.
For example, you can type in talend/datacatalog-remote-harvesting-agent:7.3-20200615.
You can find the Talend Data Catalog versions on https://hub.docker.com/r/talend/datacatalog-remote-harvesting-agent/tags.
Enter the URL of the Talend Data Catalog application server.
AGENT_STRING Type in a shared secret set to anything as long it is:
- reasonably descriptive so it can usefully be identified in the UI,
- hard to guess since it also works as a shared secret string.
- Save as a YAML file on your machine.
Open a command prompt or a terminal window and execute
docker-composeto verify that Docker Compose is installed.For Windows, use PowerShell.
Execute the following command to start Compose and run the
docker-compose -f <filename> up -d
docker psor go to Docker Desktop and check that the Docker container is running.In case of error, check the Compose file.