In the following documentation:
- recommended: designates an environment recommended by Talend based on our experiences and customer usage.
- supported: designates a supported environment for use with the listed component or service.
- supported with limitations: designates an environment that is supported by Talend but with certain conditions explained in notes.
|Support type||Database (64-bit)||Note|
|Recommended||Oracle 12c, 18c and 19c 3||-|
|Supported||Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 to 2019 1||-|
|PostgreSQL 10 or newer 1 2||-|
|Supported||PostgreSQL 12.1||Embedded, for development, test and demo purposes. Not suitable for
Note: Talend does not offer support for the embedded PostgreSQL database. For PostgreSQL help and support, see https://www.postgresql.org/support/.
1 Amazon RDS is supported.
2 Aurora PostgreSQL RDS is not supported.
3 Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) is not supported if configured for automatic load balancing between nodes, where a write on one node is replicated on the other nodes. Oracle RAC may work if you configure it properly for failover from one node to another one.
If you reuse an existing database on Oracle
- The character set of the database must be AL32UTF8 (UTF8).
- You can find what Oracle edition/version is installed using:
sqlplus.exe SYS@<DB-NAME> as SYSDBA select banner from v$version where BANNER like '%Edition%';
- To find how much memory is available to your Oracle database, see How Oracle's memory is configured and used.
- To find how much processing CPU/Cores is available to the Oracle database, query the
table v$parameter for the value of cpu_count, or query the table v$license as follows:
sqlplus.exe SYS@<DB-NAME> as SYSDBA select * from v$license;
If you reuse an existing database on Microsoft SQL Server
- The database must be configured to interpret SQL in a case insensitive manner. The case insensitive collation must be Latin1_General_CI_AS.
- You have applied the current Microsoft patches.
If you reuse an existing database on PostgreSQL
- libxml is needed, you might need to rebuild PostgreSQL with it.
Database administrator privileges are required to install, setup and uninstall the database.
In general, you must always install the latest service packs for a given database version before creating Talend Data Catalog database.
For small deployments, the software package bundles the PostgreSQL database as the Talend Data Catalog Database Server, which can run on the same machine as the Talend Data Catalog Application Server.
Oracle 12c is recommended for large scale deployments where indexes must be kept in memory in order to avoid any disk I/O, and therefore obtain fast search response time. In such case, the Oracle 12c Server must have enough memory (for KEEP buffer pool), a fast-enough processor speed (for a single search), and enough cores (for multiple user searches in parallel).