Before you begin
- You have downloaded the latest Talend Data Catalog 7.1.2 cumulative patch.
- You have downloaded Talend Data Catalog 7.3.
- You have downloaded the latest Talend Data Catalog 7.3 cumulative patch.
Apply the latest Talend Data Catalog 7.1.2 cumulative patch and make sure your Talend Data Catalog 7.1.2 is running
For more information, see Applying a patch manually.
- Make sure the regularly scheduled database maintenance has run successfully.
- Stop Talend Data Catalog application server and the database server.
Back up your database instance.
For more information, see Backing up and restoring your Talend Data Catalog instance.
- Back up your Talend Data Catalog software by renaming the <TDC_HOME> directory as <TDC_HOME>.old.
- Install Talend Data Catalog 7.3 in a new <TDC_HOME> directory.
- Apply the latest Talend Data Catalog 7.3 cumulative patch.
- Restore your database on the new database server.
Restore your data and setup customizations performed in
Talend Data Catalog version 7.1.2 by
copying the appropriate files and directories from <TDC_HOME>.old to <TDC_HOME>.
For more information, see Before upgrading.Note: If you have customized some files such as conf\resources\MM.properties, you must merge these customizations starting from the new version of that file copied from <TDC_HOME>\conf\Template.
Copy any new version of files from <TDC_HOME>\conf\Template into their matching directories
in <TDC_HOME>\conf\ to integrate new
or updated software features in your configuration.
For example, ModelBridgeList.xml can contain some new or updated bridges.Note: Any upgrade must also be followed by a re-import of models, and re-build of the configurations to take advantage of the new capabilities.Note: Upgrading to a new version may also have version specific issues or recommendations. For more information, see Version specific upgrade issues and recommendations.
You are now ready to configure the database connection using the Setup.bat file.
For more information about the installation and configuration procedures, see Installing Talend Data Catalog .