Windows authentication can be used concurrently with LDAP authentication. You can enable Talend Data Catalog application server to obtain authentication for users from Windows authentication via the browser. They will be authenticated automatically if they are running from a Windows session.
You must install Waffle (Windows Authentication Framework) as an add-on.
Before you begin
- You have downloaded the Waffle package. For more information, see here.
- You have verified that all LDAP settings are correct and users are able to log into the product via LDAP authentication.
- Go to .
- Click LDAP.
- Unzip the Waffle package.
- Copy all the jar files into <TDC_HOME>\TalendDataCatalog\tomcat\lib.
- Open <TDC_HOME>\TalendDataCatalog\tomcat\conf\web.xml and search for "Windows authentication support".
- Uncomment the block following that part.
Restart Talend Data Catalog.
You should have Windows authentication enabled now. Any valid Windows user can be logged in as guest by default as long as licensing allows it.If you need to get an Administrator interface, you can access by http://<host>:<port>/Auth?nativeLogin.
Provide connection information for the database you created above.
Waffle is designed around Windows libraries and it is recommended that you use a Windows OS based machine as the Application Server.
When using Waffle on a Windows based Application Server, you must run as Administrator the Talend Data Catalog software as a Windows service (not as an application) for Waffle to work properly.
For Internet Explorer and Firefox, you must configure the browser at each client to support automatic Windows authentication. For more information, see the Waffle website.