You have the required additional library AthenaJDBC42-2.0.7.jar ready. If not, download the Athena JDBC driver here.
Before you begin
Follow the procedure below to set up a JDBC connection to connect the Talend Studio Job to Amazon Athena.
About this task
In the Repository tree view of your Talend Studio, expand the
Metadata node, right-click Db
Connections and select Create
The Database connection wizard opens.
Provide the connection name and purpose and click
From the DB Type list, select
In the JDBC URL field, provide the JDBC URL details,
including your AWS user ID and password.
jdbc:awsathena://AwsRegion=<AWS Region>;User=<AWS Access Key>;Password=<AWS Secret Key>;S3OutputLocation=<S3 folder>
Install the required addition library.
- In the Drivers table, click the [+] button to add a line and click the [...] button to open the Module dialog box.
- Select the Install a new module option, click the [...] button to browse to the downloaded jar.
- Click the Detect the module install status button, and then click OK to close the dialog box.
- Back in the Database connection wizard, click the Select class name button and select the main class of the driver allowing to communicate with Amazon Athena.
- Fill in your database user authentication data in the User Id and Password fields.
- Click Test connection and then Finish to close the wizard.
- In the Repository tree view, right-click the JDBC connection you just created and select Retrieve Schema to retrieve table schema of the connected Amazon Athena service.