Before you begin
- Talend Activity Monitoring Console requires Java 8. You can use either Oracle Java or OpenJDK.
- Make sure that the JAVA_HOME variable is correctly set to the Java home
directory. For example: /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_181-amd64.Tip: You can set it in the /root/.bashrc file by adding the following line to it: export JAVA_HOME=$(dirname $(dirname $(readlink -e /usr/bin/java))).
- Make sure that Tomcat is already installed. You can either install the talend-tomcat RPM or use your own installation of Tomcat. In the latter case, make sure that the Tomcat path is correctly set in your environment variables, as explained in Talend Activity Monitoring Console RPM configuration parameters.
About this task
The Talend Activity Monitoring Console RPM supports two installation modes. If talend-tac is already installed, it installs Talend Activity Monitoring Console into Talend Administration Center. If not, Talend Activity Monitoring Console is installed in stand-alone mode. A service is created only if the installation is done in stand-alone mode.
The default installation also installs the following dependencies:
In case of custom installation, these dependencies must be installed beforehand.
Create a file called
talend.repoin the /etc/yum.repos.d directory, containing the following configuration:
[talend-7.3.1] name=Talend 7.3.1 baseurl='https://<user>:<password>@www.opensourceetl.net/rpms/talend/7.3.1/base/x86_64/' enabled=1 gpgcheck=1 gpgkey=http://www.opensourceetl.net/rpms/GPG-KEY-talend
Credentials (user and password) are provided in the license email sent by Talend.Your repository is now ready for use.
Install Talend Activity Monitoring Console.
The package is now installed.
- To install the package with its default configuration, use the following
sudo yum install talend-amc
This command does not require any additional parameter. It installs the package and its dependencies with their default configuration in the default /opt/talend directory.
- If the default parameters do not match your requirements
(custom Tomcat installation, different installation directory, and so on),
install the package with custom parameters using the RPM command.
For example, the following command installs the module in a specific directory:
rpm -i --prefix=<InstallPath> https://<user>:<password>@www.opensourceetl.net/rpms/talend/<rpm_version>/base/x86_64/<rpm_name>-<rpm_version>-<rpm_build_number>.x86_64.rpm
The list of configuration parameters is detailed in Talend Activity Monitoring Console RPM configuration parameters.Note: When installing the package with custom parameters, the dependencies listed above are not installed. You need to install them beforehand. Also, make sure that the path to Tomcat is correct.
- To install the package with its default configuration, use the following command: