The following tables provide information on the recommended Java Environment you should download and install to use your Talend product.
The Compiler Compliance Level corresponds to the Java version used for the Job code generation. This option can be changed in the Studio preferences. For more information, see the Talend Studio User Guide.
In the following documentation:
- Recommended: designates an environment recommended by Talend based on our experiences and customer usage.
- Supported: designates a supported environment for use with the listed component or service.
- Supported with limitations: designates an environment that is supported by Talend but with certain conditions explained in notes.
Studio Java environments
|Java platform||Java version 1||Support type|
|OpenJDK (recommended distribution: Zulu)||11||Recommended|
1 When running Oracle 8, Studio should conform to JDK Compiler Compliance Level 1.8 (default). If the installed JDK version is lower than 1.8.0_161, you need to also install the additional resource Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files. This is also applicable to the execution of standalone Jobs.
Server Java environments
The server modules include:
- Talend Activity Monitoring Console
- Talend Administration Center
- Talend Artifact Repository
- Talend CommandLine
- Talend Data Preparation
- Talend DQ Portal
- Talend JobServer
- Talend Log Server
- Talend Repository Manager
- Talend Runtime
|Talend Server Module||Java platform||Java version 1||Support type|
|Talend Administration Center 4||OpenJDK||11||Supported|
|Talend Artifact Repository based on Sonatype Nexus||OpenJDK||8||Supported|
1 The recommended distribution for OpenJDK is Zulu