The Advanced Client installation is a convenient way of installing Talend Studio, Talend Data Stewardship and, according to your license, Talend Runtime with custom configuration. It also installs these modules as services on your machine and configures Talend SAP RFC Server.
For more information on the options you can customize using the Advanced Client installation, see Installing Talend client modules using Talend Installer.
Before you begin
- Download all required files. For more information, see Talend Installer specific prerequisites.
- Confirm that all default ports are open. For more information, see Proxy and firewall allowlist information.
- Ensure that only one instance of MongoDB is installed on your machine.
- Ensure that the dist file is in the same directory as the Talend Installer file. Depending on your license, this file is called either Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux64-installer.run or Talend-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux64-installer.run.
Run the installer.
- To run the Talend Installer from the desktop, first login as superuser then make the Talend Installer file an executable file and double-click it.
- To run the Talend Installer from the command line, first make the Talend Installer file an executable file, then run it. To do this, enter the following command:
chmod +x <Talend-Installer>.run ./<Talend-Installer>.runNote: To install Talend server modules as services, in the Select Components setup window, select Talend Server Services.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Choose the directory where you want your Talend product to be installed.
- Choose Advanced Install in the installation style list and Client in the installation type list.
- Add your license file.
- Launch the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you can remove the dist file to save some space on your disk.
Talend Installer creates a usedports.txt file where all the ports used by Talend Server modules are listed.
A user with tds-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Stewardship.
A user with dataprep-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Preparation.
Talend Installer generates the
AdminUser.txt file at the root of the MongoDB installation
folder. It contains the credentials for a user with the administrator rights in
clear text. It is recommended to restrict the access to this file.