Extracting data from email files - 7.3
- English (United States)
- Talend Big Data
- Talend Big Data Platform
- Talend Data Fabric
- Talend Data Integration
- Talend Data Management Platform
- Talend Data Services Platform
- Talend ESB
- Talend MDM Platform
- Talend Open Studio for Big Data
- Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
- Talend Open Studio for ESB
- Talend Real-Time Big Data Platform
- Talend Studio
- Data Governance > Third-party systems > Messaging components (Integration) > Mail components
- Data Quality and Preparation > Third-party systems > Messaging components (Integration) > Mail components
- Design and Development > Third-party systems > Messaging components (Integration) > Mail components
Double-click the tFileList component to
open its Basic settings view.
In the Directory field, specify the directory where the
files are to be read. This should be the same directory where the
tPOP component is writing the email files.
Click the [+] button under the
Files table to add a filemask
Double-click the tFileInputMail component to open its
Basic settings view.
In the File Name field, specify the name of the email
file from which data will be extracted. In the example, we want to process all
email files retrieved and use the global variable
which is coming from the tFileList component as an
Edit the schema and specify the columns for the data part we want to extract.
In this example, we are going to extract Date,
Author, Objet and
In the Mail parts table, map the schema columns to the
actual email parts you want to extract from the email.
In the Attachment export directory field, specify the
directory where you want to save the attachments.