About this task
- Studio_1 refers to the current Talend Studio instance used for production.
- Studio_2 refers to the Talend Studio instance used for testing the patch.
Apache Subversion is deprecated from 7.3.1 R2021-08 release onwards
- Open Talend Administration Center and select the project you want to test the patch on.
- Create a new branch named patch_testing (or any other name) based on the production branch via Talend Administration Center. For more information on how to use Talend Administration Center to create a Git or SVN branch, see Create a Git or SVN branch. You can also create the patch_testing branch without Talend Administration Center using Git/SVN.
- Install another Talend Studio instance (Studio_2) to test the patch.
- Apply the patch in the Studio_2 instance manually and launch it. For more information, see Applying a patch to Talend Studio /Talend CommandLine.
Select the project in the patch_testing branch.
Note: If the project has reference projects, you need to log into the main project with the first Talend Studio instance (Studio_1) to change the project reference to your test branch (in this example, patch_testing) to make sure all the projects you test are on the patch_testing branch. Then, use the Studio_2 to migrate the reference projects before the main project.
- A warning window appears, click OK to migrate the project to the new patch version.
If the test is successful, you can apply the patch to the Talend Studio instance used for production (Studio_1) and migrate other production branches via Talend Administration Center, see Applying a patch to Talend Studio via Talend Administration Center.
If the test is not successful, please contact Talend Support.